Magnolia 'Fairy Magnolia Cream ('Micjur02') (PBR)'
(shipped in 3-5 working days)
- 3 × 3 litre pots
- Standard £5.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: March to May, then off and on until September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Introduced by New Zealand breeder Mark Jury (who also brought us Magnolia Black Tulip), this wonderful magnolia produces an abundance of cream flowers along the length of its stems in spring. Unlike many of the other spring-flowering magnolias, 'Fairy Cream' is evergreen, although it may shed some of its leaves in colder winters. With a naturally bushy habit, it’s ideal for creating an informal screen or hedge. Easy to care for, reasonably fast growing and its lightly scented flowers quickly develop within a few years of planting.
- Garden care: Although fully hardy, plant in a sheltered spot, away from strong winds to be able to really appreciate the scent. Prune/trim for shape after flowering in spring. Mulch in spring with manure or leaf mould, especially on dry soils.