Magnolia 'Heaven Scent'
- available to order from autumn
- 12lt pot (1.2-1.5m)
- Standard £4.95
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, acidic soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A mid- to late spring flowering, deciduous magnolia with an upright habit when young, later spreading. The goblet-shaped, fragrant blooms are flushed with pale pink on the outside, and appear from mid spring to early summer, avoiding most frosts. This magnolia is compact and therefore one of the best available for the small garden.
- Garden care: Plant in a sheltered spot, away from strong winds. Requires minimal pruning. Remove any broken, diseased or crossing branches in midsummer. The best time to plant is in April, adding plenty of compost to the planting hole, in a sheltered spot. Mulch in spring with manure and leafmould, especially on dry soils.