- available to order from spring 2020
- 1 litre aquatic pot
- Standard £4.95
This pond plant dies right back in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Depth of water: 0-10cm
- Soil: deep, fertile, moist soil
- Rate of growth: fast
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Found colonising reliably moist soils or riverbeds, this fast-growing perennial is ideal for adding colour to the marshy edges of a pond. Initially upright, the plant will send out stolons that root at their nodes producing more plants, which will form a generous clump. The funnel-shaped, yellow flowers are very pretty and form in loose clusters in summer.
- Garden care: These plants are potted up (using a suitable aquatic compost) into 1-litre aquatic pots. These pots are made of a fine mesh, which allows water to circulate through the compost, providing the plants with both oxygen and nutrients. If you are using them as a aquatic plant, they can be placed straight into the pond, however they will preform better if planted out sooner rather than later. Each plant is relatively short lived, so make sure older plants are replaced with new plantlets as they develop. Protect emerging shoots from slugs and snails.