Miniature 'Topolino' sunflowers in a pot
sunflower gift set
- available to order from summer
- gift set
- Bulbs (only) £4.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, humus-rich, moist but well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: hardy annual
Sunflowers are universally loved, and as they are so easy to grow, they are perfect for both the novice gardener, or a child who is keen to try out some basic gardening skills. 'Topolino' is a dwarf form, so it will grow well in a pot, and as this kit contains all the necessary tools, it could not be easier!
- Indoor Growing Instructions: Plant from March onwards. Empty the compost into the pot and plant 3-5 seeds on and cover with a thin layer of compost and gently water. Place the pot in a warm sunny area. Water regularly, never allowing the compost to dry out. Turn occasionally as the flowers will grow towards the light.