Monstera adansonii 'Monkey Mask'
mini swiss cheese plant
- available to order from spring
- 12cm pot - 20cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: spring
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 20cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
A new form of the ever-popular (and easy to grow) Swiss cheese plant, this one has slightly ruffled rich green leaves, each laced with a series of irregularly shaped holes. If trained onto a support it can be used as a climber - otherwise just let the stems cascade and it will gradually spill over the edges of a shelf or ledge.
- Home care: Keep it out of direct sunlight, ideally in a bright spot, and mist the leaves, particularly if the room is warm and dry. Also the leaves will appreciate being given a wash sometimes to keep them clean and dust free. This plant likes a moist soil but not a waterlogged soil, so in the winter feel the soil before you water it. In the summer you can water more freely.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten; skin/eye irritant