Monstera deliciosa 'Variegata'
variegated swiss cheese plant
- 2 weeks
- 12cm pot - 40cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender
- Current height: approximately 40cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 13cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
This much sought after variegated form of the common Swiss cheese plant, produces masses of large, often deeply lobed leaves, each of which will be randomly streaked or smattered with creamy white variegations. Easy to care for in a brightly lit, moderately humid spot, but often rare in collections until now, 'Variegata' can now be enjoyed by houseplant enthusiasts everywhere.
- Home care: Keep it out of direct sunlight, ideally in a bright spot, and mist the leaves, particularly if the room is warm and dry. Also the leaves will appreciate being given a wash sometimes to keep them clean and dust free. This plant likes moist, but not waterlogged compost, so in the winter feel the compost before you water it. In the summer you can water more freely.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten; skin/eye irritant