Eventual height & spread
Extra Large 1.2m - swiss cheese plant (syn. Monstera pertusum)
- In stock (shipped within 1-2 working days)
- 24cm pot - 1.2m tall
- Standard £5.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender
- Current height: approximately 120cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 26cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
This plant has been a favourite for many years now. Once it gets going it can be truly impressive with large, glossy heart-shaped leaves which as the plant matures become distinctive perforated and deeply cut leaves. It originates from tropical rainforests where the aerial roots help it to climb up into the canopy, so as your plant grows you want to gently push the aerial roots into the moss-covered pole.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery alternative), but we have a wide and wonderful range on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Keep it out of direct sunlight, ideally in a bright spot, and mist the leaves, particularly if the room is warm and dry. Also the leaves will appreciate being given a wash sometimes to keep them clean and dust free. This plant likes a moist soil but not a waterlogged soil, so in the winter feel the soil before you water it. In the summer you can water more freely.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten; skin/eye irritant
Goes well with
Silver plated brass etched bowl - 4 sizes
In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)