Myosotis sylvatica 'Ultramarine'
- shipped within 2 weeks
- approx 300 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile or poor, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy (biennial)
A popular spring flower with vivid, densely packed little blooms blooms that float over compact plants. Early colour in borders, containers and under-planting spring bulbs.
Winner of an Royal Horticultural Society, Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Garden care: Sow the seed directly into the border where they are to grow in late spring or early summer. The bed should be well prepared and the seed sown thinly into shallow drills set 25cm cm apart. When large enough to handle, thin the seedlings to 15cm. Maintain the soil moisture until the seeds have germinated, but avoid excessive waterlogging. Plants will flower in their second year and often self-seed freely.
- Sow: May-July
- Flowering: April-June
- Approximate quantity: 300 seeds