triandrus daffodil bulbs
- 20 + 10 FREE bulbs
- available to order from autumn
- 10 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil (for container-grown bulbs use two parts John Innes No.2 compost to one part sharp grit)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
Each bulb produces several stems, which in late spring are topped with up to 5 nodding flowers. Their reflexed perianth segments give them a charming windswept look, and as they usually open in succession, they will often flower over several weeks. Triandrus narcissus are perfect for planting into pots, or for adding spring colour throughout the front of the border.
- Garden care: Plant 10-15cm (4-6in) deep from late summer to early autumn. After flowering feed with a balanced fertiliser, deadhead and allow the leaves to die back naturally.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant
Goes well with
(shipped within 5-7 working days)