Narcissus 'Tête-à-tête' - Organic bulbs
Natural - organic bulbs
- available to order from summer
- 5 organic bulbs
- Standard £4.95
In keeping with our concern for the plight of the bees, this bulb forms part of our organic bulb range. It has been sustainably grown without the use of pesticides (including neonicitinoides), and it comes in a brown paper bag with an informative colour label.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: late February to April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 10/11
Clusters of up three deep golden-yellow flowers with slightly reflexed petals and deep yellow cups appear in March and April above the narrow, strap-shaped leaves. One of the most popular forms, this delightful dwarf narcissus makes a fabulous early spring display for a sunny window-box. Blue grape hyacinths and slow-growing variegated ivies help to extend the season of interest.
- Garden care: Wearing gloves plant bulbs 10-15cm (4-6in) deep from late summer to early autumn. After flowering feed with a balanced fertiliser, dead-head and allow the leaves to die back naturally.