Narcissus 'W.P. Milner'
trumpet daffodil bulbs
- available to order from autumn
- 10 bulbs
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 9/10
The pale lemon coloured flowers of this cultivar fade to creamy white almost as soon as they open, so really stand out on darker spring days. This time-honoured daffodil has been around since Victorian times, when it was valued for its slightly twisted petals and nodding flowerheads, which create an unstructured looking flower. This also makes it perfect for wilder style gardens and open woodland wher it can be left to form large clumps.
- Garden care: Wearing gloves plant bulbs 10-15cm deep and 10cm apart in autumn. After flowering feed with a balanced fertiliser, dead-head the flowers, but do not be tempted to cut back or tidy the foliage after flowering as this will interfere with the bulbs ability to store energy for the following year's flowers.