tobacco plant 'langsdorffii'
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- approx 750 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June-October
- Hardiness: half hardy annual
Lime-green tubular flowers appear in profusion on the wiry, branching stems throughout summer. This is an elegant and exotic-looking tobacco plant that is useful for adding height to the mixed border. The fresh green of the flowers provides a cooling contrast to rich plum and purple shades.
Winner of an Royal Horticultural Society, Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Garden care: Early sowings can be undertaken under glass at approximately 20°C, in trays or pots filled with good quality seed compost. Surface sow thinly and water from the bottom of the pots by sitting them in a tray of water for a short time when necessary. When large enough to handle, grow on in small pots and gradually harden off before planting outside at 30cm intervalsafter frost. As the seeds are so small it may help to mix them with a little sand before sowing. This will help you keep track of where they are and also avoid overcrowding.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: June-October
- Approximate quantity: 750 seeds
- Harmful if eaten