- in stock
- approx 1000 seeds
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Flower colour: white fading to shades of pink
- Hardiness: half hardy annual
Trumpet-shaped flowers, that flare out widely at their tips, first appear in early summer a creamy white and gradually fade to pink, darkening as they mature to a deeper rose. As you usually have both young and old flowers on each plant at the same time it creates a beautiful, multi-coloured effect.
- Garden care:Under glass, sow the seed thinly onto the surface of a good compost and keep at around 18°C. Keep moist (but not wet) by watering with a spray bottle, and thin out when they are large enough to handle, potting them up into individual pots. Grow on and gradually harden off before planting out after all risk of frost has passed.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 1000 seeds.