- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- 1 litre aquatic pot
- Next / named day
This pond plant dies right back in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Depth of water: 60-200cm (2-6ft)
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
From June to August, bright yellow, buttercup-like flowers on stiff stems above leathery, deep green, floating or submerged leaves similar to those of a water lily. The flowers of this vigorous, deep water aquatic plant smell strongly of alcohol - hence its intriguing common name. It copes well in sun or partial shade, but needs space to spread out, making it ideal for a large pond or lake.
- Garden care: Divide large clumps in late spring or summer using aquatic baskets and aquatic compost.