Paeonia lactiflora 'Adolphe Rousseau'
paeony / peony
- available to order from late spring
- 2 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moisture-retentive yet well-drained
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Fragrant, intense, red semi-double or double flowers from early to mid summer and dark green leaves. This lovely, long lived, late flowering peony is perfect for a border in full sun or partial shade. The foliage provides interest from early spring, when the red mottled stems first emerge from the ground.
Deadhead after flowering. In early spring apply a balanced slow-release fertiliser around the base of the plant and mulch with well-rotted compost or manure.