Paeonia lactiflora 'Immaculée'
- within 4 weeks
- 3 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moisture-retentive yet well-drained
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Big, bowl-shaped, white flowers that have a good scent, are produced in early summer above the rich green foliage. The flowers last well on the plant, and also make good additions to cut arrangements. Perfectly suited to mixed or herbaceous borders in either full sun or lightly dappled shade, they are also effective on the outer fringes of a woodland setting.
- Garden care: Deadhead after flowering. In early spring apply a balanced slow-release fertiliser around the base of the plant and mulch with well-rotted compost or manure.