Eventual height & spread
Papaver (Oriental Group) 'Prinzessin Victoria Louise'
poppy (syn. Princess Victoria Louise)
(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- approx 300 seeds
- Seed Packets (only) £5.95
- Named day £14.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained, preferably poor soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Single, bowl-shaped, salmon-pink flowers to 25cm (10") wide, with papery, ruffled petals each with a deep purple blotch at the base. 'Prinzessin Victoria Louise' is a robust, hairy-leaved, herbaceous perennial that will add a touch of royal glamour to cottage and informal garden borders.
- Growing instructions: Poppies resent transplanting and do best when direct sown. Sow seeds shallowly and directly into a fine tilth, in a well-drained garden bed in full sun from March. In milder areas, Oriental poppies can also be sown in late autumn to overwinter for flowering the following year. As the seedlings develop, thin them out to 30cm intervals keeping just the healthiest and most robust plants. Protect the emerging seedlings from slugs and snails.
- Sow: March to May
- Flowering: June to August
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten