parsnip 'Palace' F1
parsnip / Pastinaca sativa 'Palace' (PBR) F1
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- approx 200 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun or part shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moisture retentive soil
High quality variety with excellent hybrid vigour and uniformity. The great tasting roots also show good resistance to canker and hold well in the ground
Winner of an Royal Horticultural Society, Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Growing Instructions: Parsnips need a long season to grow well and do best started early in the year. They also dislike being transplanted, so sow direct into shallow drills and thin seedlings to 15cm apart, or pop two or three seeds in at 15cm intervals, nipping out all but the strongest once seedlings appear. Crops are ready from autumn onwards. The flavour of parsnips improves once they have experienced sub-zero temperatures, so wait till the first frost before harvesting and you'll have sweeter roots to eat.
- Sow: February - May
- Harvest: October - February
- Approximate quantity: 200 seeds