- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- approx 50 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: frost hardy (will need winter protection in cold areas)
A really exotic-looking plant, with large white flowers and central filaments of purple, blue and white from July to September, followed by egg-shaped, orange-yellow fruit. The leaves are pretty, too; deeply lobed, dark green and glossy. This blue passion flower is a vigorous, trouble-free climber that thrives in hot summers and will quickly cover a sunny wall or fence. Ideal for a tropical planting scheme, it grows best at the base of a sheltered wall in full sun, although it will tolerate some shade. The fruit are edible when full ripe, but not very tasty!
Winner of an Royal Horticultural Society, Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Garden care: The seedlings like warmth and moisture, so they are ideal for starting off in a warm greenhouse or conservatory windowsill. Strong plants can be transplanted outdoors in a sheltered position from mid-June, although it will be equally happy grown in a larger pot in the conservatory.
- Sow: February - May
- Flowering: June - September
- Approximate quantity: 50 seeds.
- Harmful if eaten