Penstemon 'White Bedder'
(shipped in 3-5 working days)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to October
- Hardiness: frost hardy (will need winter protection in cold areas)
Large, white, foxglove-like flowers emerge from pink-flushed buds from July to October and really sing among the lance-shaped, bright green leaves. If deadheaded regularly this wonderful white penstemon continues flowering until the first frosts. It's a handsome, easy-to- grow perennial that will quickly form large, leafy clumps and is perfect for lighting up the middle of a partly shady, well-drained border. Grown in sun, it looks particularly good with silver-leaved plants.
- Garden care: Remove the faded blooms regularly to prolong flowering. Apply a dry mulch around the base of the plant to protect the roots from frost damage and cut back in spring when new shoots appear low down on the stem. Lift and divide congested clumps in spring.