Persicaria bistorta 'Superba'
- 2 + 1 FREE 9cm pots
- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
- Standard £4.95
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any moist soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Dense spikes of soft pink flowers rise from midsummer to early autumn above semi-evergreen, deeply veined, mid-green leaves. This clump-forming, vigorous perennial has handsome foliage and quickly makes dense groundcover in sun or partial shade. Plant it in bold swatches to add vertical interest in the border right through till mid autumn, and give it plenty of space. Persicaria does not like dry soil, so performs best in a bog garden or beside a pond. Bees and other insects love it too!
- Garden care: Lift and divide congested colonies in spring or autumn.