Philodendron erubescens 'Red Emerald'
- in stock
(shipped within 5 days)
- 19cm pot - 80cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright filtered or indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 80cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 20cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
An easy plant to grow that will add colour and shape to a room. Philodendrons have been popular houseplants for sometime now as they are fast growing with glossy heart-shaped leaves This variety also has noticable red stems to contrast against the lush foliage. A great climbing plant grown up a moss pole. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water freely when in growth, but keep dryer in winter. Mist the leaves regularly with water to increase humidity and every so often put it under a cold shower to wash off the leaves. Make sure the winter temperatures stay above 10°C, and repot every couple of years.
- Harmful if eaten/skin & eye irritant