Philodendron scandens 'Brasil'
- available to order from autumn
- 18cm hanging pot
- Position: bright filtered or indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately cm ((+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot: Already in a hanging pot ready to hang
Most of the heart-shaped leaves of this handsome house plant are irregularly and variably streaked with green and gold - although some are almost completely gold, while others may remain entirely green. These leaves form on trailing stems that cascade over the edges of the pot, so this plant looks wonderful when hung from the ceiling. The leaves are also noted for their ability to help purify the air inside the home, so not only do they look lovely, but they are very useful too!
- Home care: Water freely when in growth, but keep dryer in winter. Mist the leaves regularly with water to increase humidity and every so often put it under a cold shower to wash off the leaves. Make sure the winter temperatures stay above 10°C, and repot every couple of years.
- Harmful if eaten/skin & eye irritant