sweetheart plant or heart-leaf
(shipped within 2-4 working days)
- 19cm pot - 80cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright filtered or indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 80cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 20cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
This is a fast-growing climber, which comes attached to a moss pole. It has lustrous heart-shaped leaves that get bigger and bigger (up to 30cm long) as the plant matures. Easy to grow, it will tolerate some shade and looks good throughout the year.
- Home care: Water freely when in growth, but keep drier in winter. Mist the leaves regularly with water to increase humidity and every so often put it under a cold shower to wash off the leaves. Make sure the winter temperatures stay above 10°C, and repot every couple of years.
- Harmful if eaten/skin & eye irritant