(shipped within 2-3 working days)
- 21cm pot - 50cm dia
- Next / named day
- Position: bright filtered or indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 50cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 22cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
A dramatic looking houseplant with deeply lobed, glossy green leaves that form at the end of stems. Unlike other philodendron, this is not a climber, instead it grows in a mounded shape on a thick woody stem, often becoming wider than it is tall. A compact, low maintenance choice for homes and offices, that will help purify your air.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery alternative), but we have a wide and wonderful range on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water freely when in growth, but keep drier in winter. Mist the leaves regularly with water to increase humidity and every so often put it under a cold shower to wash off the leaves. Make sure the winter temperatures stay above 10°C, and repot every couple of years.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten; skin/eye irritant/allergen