- available to order from autumn
- 5 litre pot
Bamboos never look their best in winter because the cold, drying winds will often scorch their leaves. In late spring however, new canes will appear bearing a fresh batch of lush foliage.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Leaves: golden-green
- Canes: grooved, brown-yellow
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A tall, upright bamboo that is ideal for hedging or screening in larger areas. It has grooved, canes that emerge each summer bright green, but if grown in sun, will turn yellowish brown as they mature. These colourful canes can really be shown off if the lower leaves are stripped, and it will then make an elegant, stand-alone specimen.
- Garden care: In smaller gardens surround the roots with a non-perishable barrier (such as our bamboo control system) that will restrict the plant's spread.