Phyllostachys aureosulcata f. spectabilis
showy yellow-groove bamboo
- in stock
- 5 litre pot 80-100cm
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
Bamboos never look their best in winter because the cold, drying winds will often scorch their leaves. In late spring however, new canes will appear bearing a fresh batch of lush foliage.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Leaves: narrow, mid-green
- Canes: green-grooved, golden-yellow turning bright red in sunlight
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Tall bamboo with green-grooved, golden-yellow canes, which can flash with shades of red in the sun, fading to darker yellow with age. This colourful variety looks great alongside the ebony-black canes of the black bamboo, Phyllostachys nigra. This aptly named coloured-stemmed bamboo is one of our 'highly recommended plants'.
- Garden care: In smaller gardens, surround the roots with a non-perishable barrier that restricts the plant's spread.