- 9cm pot
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Leaves: mid-green
- Canes: dark green, sometimes stained with purple
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Vigorous and hardy, this decorative bamboo is one of the first to produce new canes each year. These canes appear in late spring or early summer and have a mainly upright habit, but do arch slightly. Their colour is green, but will sometimes have a purple flush, but over a period of several years, will fade to a yellow-green. They have a glossy finish and are clothed in rich green leaves, which cope well with adverse weather conditions. Initially forming really dense clumps, this bamboo is ideal for screening, but will spread with age.
- Garden care: In smaller gardens surround the roots with a non-perishable barrier that restricts the plant's spread. If potted up, it is important that this plant is watered regularly.