Primula auricula 'Black Jack' (PBR)
- 3 × 9cm pots
- available to order from spring
- 9cm pot
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, humus-rich, neutral to acid soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Grey-green foliage provides an attractive backdrop for the rich burgundy-red flowers, each of which has a yellow-ringed eye. Standing up well in poor weather conditions, it will slowly spread to form a good-sized clump.
- Garden care: Divide large clumps after the plant has flowered, preferably during a wet spell.