Prunus laurocerasus 'Obelisk'
(shipped in 2-3 working days)
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £5.95
- Named day £14.95
- Position: full sun, partial shade or shade
- Soil: moist but well-drained soil, except shallow chalk
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
To find out more about how to plant a hedge, click here
With its naturally slim and upright habit, this laurel makes and ideal candidate for hedging. It will also work well as a stand alone specimen, or could be potted up and used to frame an entrance or view. It's an easy and undemanding evergreen that takes clipping in its stride, and its new shoots are an attractive light green.
- Garden care: When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly. Prune in either spring or summer. Mature plants can tolerate hard pruning in spring, cutting back to the old wood.
- Seed kernels harmful it eaten