Prunus laurocerasus 'Rotundifolia'
- available to order from spring
- 10 lt pot (1-1.25m)
- Oversized £7.95
- Position: full sun, partial shade or shade
- Soil: moist but well-drained soil, except shallow chalk
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Dense, bushy, evergreen shrub with large glossy, dark green leaves. It makes an excellent hedging plant, and can cope with deep shade under trees as well as full sun. Small white flowers are produced on spikes in mid-spring, followed by cherry red berries which are harmful if eaten.
- Garden care: When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly. Prune in either spring or summer. Mature plants can tolerate hard pruning in spring, cutting back to the old wood.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten