- available to order from spring
- 17cm hanging pot
- Standard £5.95
- Position: bright indirect light
- Soil: freely draining
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 40cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot: supplied in a hanging pot ready to hang or choose an 18cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
This unusual succulent forms long, pendent, strap-shaped leaves that can develop reddish tips if grown in bright light. A striking and architectural plant, it looks great in a contemporary setting, where it can be either hung from the ceiling, or placed on a high shelf and allowed to cascade down.
- Home care: Place it in a bright spot and in spring and summer, water when the compost gets dry, but make sure it never sits in excess water for any length of time. In autumn and winter cut back on the watering but do not let it dry out completely. Avoid a humid atmosphere (no bathrooms or steamy kitchens) and in the warmer months, open a window or door occasionally so it can enjoy the fresh air. Repot every year or two into a slightly larger pot using cacti compost.
Please note: all our indoor hanging pots include drainage holes to prevent waterlogging. We recommend taking them down to water in the sinkor on a saucer, and leaving them to drain before rehanging.