(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- 20cm pot - 1m long
- Standard £5.95
- Named day £14.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 1m (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot: supplied in a hanging pot ready to hang or choose a 22cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
Forming ever-lengthening, cord-like stems, this low maintenance house plant can either be kept in a hanging basket, or placed in a pot on a high shelf and allowed to cascade down. Originating from the forests of Brasil, this epiphytic succulent may also produce small flowers along its stems (usually during winter) - and these can be followed by bright red (inedible) berries.
- Home care: Place it in a bright spot and in spring and summer, water when the compost gets dry, but make sure it never sits in excess water for any length of time. In autumn and winter cut back on the watering but do not let it dry out completely. Avoid a humid atmosphere (no bathrooms or steamy kitchens) and in the warmer months, open a window or door occasionally so it can enjoy the fresh air. Repot every year or two into a slightly larger pot using cacti compost.