Eventual height & spread
Rhododendron BloomChampion® Pink (PBR)
reblooming evergreen azalea Bloom Champion
- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
This shrub is semi-evergreen, so it can lose some of its leaves in winter. In colder regions or more exposed gardens, it may lose them all, but then fresh new foliage appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, humus-rich, acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April - May, then again in July-September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Unique and only just released onto the market, this rhododendron has the ability to flower twice in the same year, so you can enjoy the gently ruffled soft pink flowers for up to 5 months. A relatively compact grower, it is ideal for pots as well as borders.
- Garden care: Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of leaf mould around the base of the plant each spring. Protect from hot afternoon sun and cold drying winds.