Eventual height & spread
Rhododendron BloomChampion Purple(PBR)
reblooming evergreen azalea Bloom Champion
- available to order from summer
- 9cm pot
This shrub is semi-evergreen, so it can lose some of its leaves in winter. In colder regions or more exposed gardens, it may lose them all, but then fresh new foliage appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, humus-rich, acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April-May, then again in July-September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Rich green, semi-evergreen foliage forms a neat, compact dome, which is smothered with frilly-petalled flowers, first in April and May but then again in a second flush, which often lasts from July to September. An extraordinary addition to our range, it's excellent for both pots and borders.
- Garden care: Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of leaf mould around the base of the plant each spring. Protect from hot afternoon sun and cold drying winds.