Rhododendron 'Pleasant White'
- available to order from late summer
- 1.6 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, humus-rich, acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Masses of funnel-shaped white flowers, each with slightly ruffled petals and a central boss of spider-like stamens, clothe the stems in early summer. These look luminous against the backdrop of small, dark green leaves, which are retained throughout the year. This is a dwarf, evergreen azalea, that will make a great potted patio plant. It also makes excellent low cover for lightly shaded borders or woodland settings.
- Garden care: Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of leaf mould around the base of the plant each spring. Protect from strong afternoon sun and cold drying winds.