- shipped within 2 weeks
- approx 500 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist but well-drained
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: hardy annual
This showy annual produces masses of starburst-like clusters of chartreuse-yellow flowers over a really long period throughout the summer and into autumn. Loved by bees and other beneficial insects, it’s a wonderful addition to the wildlife garden, but it’s also valuable in the mixed or herbaceous border where the large umbels and filigree foliage offer a soft textural quality. The flowers will also last well after being cut, and look wonderful in bouquets, particularly when used as a colour contrast for rich plums and purples.
- Garden care: Using trays under glass, gently firm the seeds into the surface of a good seed compost and keep at 13 -16°C. Prick out when the seedlings are large enough to handle, potting up into individual pots and growing on. Gradually harden off and plant out at 30cm intervals after all risk of frost has passed. Alternatively, sow directly into a weed-free, well-prepared soil in a sunny position. Do not allow the soil to dry out, but avoid excessively wet conditions and pinch out the growing tips to encourage bushier growth.
- Sow: March-June or September
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 500 seeds.