Rosmarinus officinalis 'Barbecue' (PBR)
- 2 + 1 FREE 9cm pots
- available to order from spring
- 9cm pot
- Standard £5.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
An evergreen, chunky perennial with light green, short, needle-shaped and very aromatic leaves on stiff stems, perfect as natural BBQ skewers. Small light blue flowers add to the medicinal and culinary attributes throughout the summer. Super for a patio pot, herb garden or even as a low hedge.
- Garden care: Ensure good drainage in the pot or soil area when planting by incorporating grit and working the ground on particularly heavy soils. Relatively maintenance free, to ensure a plentiful supply of young, succulent leaves for culinary use, gather the leaves regularly and prune each spring after flowering when the risk of frost has passed. Avoid hard pruning into old wood.
- Humans: Skin allergen