Rosmarinus officinalis 'Miss Jessopp's Upright'
- available to order from summer
- 9cm pot
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Flower colour: purple-blue
- Other features: leaves may be used to flavour lamb, pork and roasted vegetables
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
Spikes of purple-blue flowers, from mid-spring to early summer, and aromatic, dark green leaves. This vigorous, upright rosemary is ideal for providing vertical interest in a sunny herb garden or border. The needle-like leaves are useful for flavouring roasted vegetables and meats.
- Garden care: To ensure a plentiful supply of young, succulent leaves for culinary use, gather the leaves regularly and prune each spring.