Salvia × sylvestris 'Dear Anja'
- available to order from autumn
- 2 litre pot
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: light, moderately fertile, moist but well-drained
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy (borderline)
This hardy perennial forms a neat clump of mid-green, scented foliage with beautiful, slender, upright flower spikes in complimentary shades of blue and purple. Blooms all summer and into autumn.
- Garden care: To prolong flowering remove the flower spikes as soon they start to fade. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant in spring.