Salvia viridis 'blue-flowered'
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- approx 180 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to August
- Hardiness: hardy annual
An easy and vigorous annual that produces spires of small flowers, which are encased in very showy, clearly-veined, rich blue bracts. These make excellent and long-lasting cut flowers and will also hold their colour well when dried and added to more permanent displays inside the house.
- Garden care:Under glass, sow the seeds shallowly in seed trays filled with good seed compost and keep at 16-18°C. When the seedlings are large enough to handle, thin them out and pot on individually into small pots to grow on. Gradually harden them off before planting out at 25cm intervals in a sunny, well-prepared bed. When watering, it is best to give the plants a really thorough soak when the soil gets dry, rather than applying a little water every day.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: May-August
- Approximate quantity: 180 seeds.