Sansevieria trifasciata 'Black Coral'
(shipped within 2-3 working days)
- 14cm pot - 45cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Next / named day £14.95
- Position: ideally bright indirect light, but will also tolerate some shade
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 45cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
The foliage of this new sansevieria is darker than usual, and in some lights the rich green looks quite moody. The fleshy leaves are distictly upright, so they offer structural interest, and they are irreguarly banded by a paler green. One of the easiest indoor plants to grow, it's great for people with busy lives - or not so green fingers!
The pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot), but they do make excellent potted plants. If you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
Please note: it is quite common for these plants to have small nicks or scars on their leaves. This does not affect their long-term health or vigour in any way.
- Home care: The main thing to avoid with this plant is overwatering, so only water (avoiding the crown) when the compost gets quite dry. In winter you can cut back even more and only water every month or two and keep temperatures above 10°C. Repot every few years when the roots start to split the pot.
- Pets: Harmful if eaten