Sasa palmata 'Nebulosa'
- available to order from summer
- 2 litre pot
Bamboos never look their best in winter because the cold, drying winds will often scorch their leaves. In late spring however, new canes will appear bearing a fresh batch of lush foliage.
- Position: full sun or to deep shade
- Soil: tolerant of most soils except dry soils if planting in full sun
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A vigorous medium-sized bamboo with green canes and mid-green leaves. The leaves tend to die back from their edges and tips during the winter, but it is quickly replaced with lush green foliage in late spring. This robust bamboo is best used as groundcover and for clipping into low moulds. It should only be introduced if you are prepared to keep it under control, since it can be extremely invasive and hard to eradicate once established.
- Garden care: Plant in a large container or surround the roots with a non-perishable barrier that restricts the plant's spread.