burro's tail or donkey tail
(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- 14cm hanging pot
- Next / named day
- Position: bright light
- Soil: good freely-draining potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 10cm (+ or - 10% including basal pot)
- Pot: supplied in a hanging pot ready to hang
Trailing fleshy stems that are crowded with succulent blue-green leaves, form rope-like tassels that spill over the edges of the pot. In summer, the tips of these stems may also produce small clusters of pinkish-red, star-shaped flowers. A beautiful and unusual house plant that will thrive with the minimum amount of care.
- Home care: Place it in a bright spot and in spring and summer, water when the compost gets dry, but make sure it never sits in excess water for any length of time. In autumn and winter cut back on the watering but do not let it dry out completely. Avoid a humid atmosphere (no bathrooms or steamy kitchens) and in the warmer months, open a window or door occasionally so it can enjoy the fresh air. Repot every year or two into a slightly larger pot using cacti compost.
Please note: all our indoor hanging pots include drainage holes to prevent waterlogging. We recommend taking them down to water in the sinkor on a saucer, and leaving them to drain before rehanging.