- available to order from late autumn
- 12 lt pot (1.5-1.8m)
This tree is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or lightly dappled shade
- Soil: tolerates most soils but prefers slightly acidic soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Rounded tree with mid- to rich green leaves that turn deep red and yellow in autumn, especially after cool summers. Sprays of tiny white flowers cover the tree in late spring, followed by bunches of red berries in autumn. Berries are quickly eaten by birds making it ideal for a wild or woodland garden. This conical-shaped tree can also tolerate harsh conditions and is perfect for a small, urban garden.
- Garden care: Requires minimal pruning. Remove any broken, diseased or crossing branches in late autumn or winter. When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly.