- available to order from autumn
- 10 lt pot (1.5-1.8m)
- Standard £4.95
This tree is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or lightly dappled shade
- Soil: tolerates most soils
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Compact, broadly conical shaped tree with long tapered, glossy dark green leaves. In late spring, small white flowers appear followed by orange-red berries. The foliage turns lovely shades of yellow, red or purple in autumn. This small tree is ideal for any sized garden and it can tolerate most soils, including clay.
- Garden care: Requires minimal pruning. Remove any broken, diseased or crossing branches in late autumn or winter. When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly.