Stromanthe sanguinea 'Triostar' (PBR)
- available to order from spring 2021
- 32cm pot - 65cm tall
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 65cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 34cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
The leaves of this colourful plant have a variegated green and cream upper surface and a burgundy pink reverse, so it looks good from every angle! Forming a handsome and bushy clump, this one will create immediate impact in the home or office. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Originating from tropical regions, they like relatively stable temperatures (ideally above 15C) and a well-lit position that does not get direct sunlight (think steamy jungle!). They like to be kept well watered, although this can be cut back a little in winter, and they thrive in high humidity, either grow it in a steamy room, mist it with water regularly, and/or sit the pot on a tray of dampened shingle.