Thunbergia alata 'Arizona Dark Red'
black-eyed Susan vine
- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist, well drained or sandy
- Rate of growth: fast
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: tender (will need winter protection)
The flowers of this eye-catching thunbergia vary in colour from a deep rich red to more sunset shades. These flowers appear prolifically though, so it really does put on a spectacular show. In summer, it can be grown outside (provided the temperatures do not dip below 5C), in pots, borders or hanging baskets.
- Garden care: Keep under glass where temperatures dip below 5C, only moving outside after the frosts have passed. A twining climber, it will need support, and it should be watered freely when in growth - and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser monthly.