thyme - Bressingham
thyme / Thymus 'Bressingham'
- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Clear pink summer flowers and fragrant grey-green, hairy leaves. This compact scented thyme is ideal for planting in a sunny part of the garden in the crevices between paving stones. It thrives in the alkaline soil conditions commonly found between stones, releasing a lovely scent whenever it is trodden on.
- Garden care: After flowering cut back hard using garden shears to retain a neat compact shape. Lift and divide large clumps in early spring.