thyme - Coccineus Group
thyme / Thymus Coccineus Group
- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Tiny, deep pink, tubular flowers appear in summer and are highly attractive to bees. This thyme is an excellent ground cover which forms a flat mat of glossy, blue-green leaves. Great for growing between paving where it will get light traffic that will release its lovely scent whenever it is trodden on.
- Garden care: After flowering cut back hard using garden shears to retain a neat compact shape.